2020 Prelims PYQs
1] The Vital-Vidhwansak, the first monthly journal to have the untouchable people as its target audience was published by: 
a) Gopal Baba Walangkar
b) Jyotiba Phule
c) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
d) Bhimrao Ranji Ambedkar
Ans: a) Gopal Baba Walangkar
2019 Prelims PYQs
1] Consider the following pairs: 
|1. All India Anti-Untouchability League||Mahatma Gandhi|
|2. All India Kisan Sabha||Swami Sahajanand Saraswati|
|3. Self-Respect Movement||Naicker E.V. Ramaswami|
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
a) 1 only
b) 1 and 2 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Ans: d) 1, 2 and 3
2016 Prelims PYQs
1] Satya Shodhak Samaj organised: 
a) A movement for upliftment of tribals in Bihar
b) A temple-entry movement in Gujarat
c) An anti-caste movement in Maharashtra
d) Peasant movement in Punjab
Ans: c) An anti-caste movement in Maharashtra
2012 Prelims PYQs
1] Which of the following parties ‘were established by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar? 
1. The Peasants and Workers Party of India
2. All India Scheduled Castes Federation
3. The Independent Labour Party
Select the correct answer the codes given below:
a) 1 & 2 Only
b) 2 & 3 Only
c) 1 & 3 Only
d) 1, 2 & 3
Ans: b) 2 & 3 Only
2] Which of the following statements is / are correct regarding Brahmo Samaj? 
1. It opposed idolatry.
2. It denied the need for a priestly class for interpreting the religious texts.
3. It popularized the doctrine that the Vedas are infallible
Select the correct answer:
a) 1 Only b) 1 & 2 Only
c) 3 Only d) 1,2, & 3
Ans:b) 1 & 2 Only
3] Consider the following statements: 
1. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar founded the Bethune School at Calcutta with the main aim of encouraging education for women.
2. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay was the first graduate of the Calcutta University.
3. Keshav Chandra Sen’s campaign against Sati led to the enactment of a law to ban Sati by the then Governor
Which of the statements is/are correct?
a) 1 only b) 1 and 2
c) 2 and 3 d) 1, 2 and 3
Ans: b) 1 and 2
4] Consider the following statements: 
I. Arya Samaj was founded in 1835.
II. Lala Lajpat Rai opposed the appeal of Arya Samaj to the authority of Vedas in support of its social reform programmes.
III. Under Keshab Chandra Sen, the Brahmo Samaj campaigned for women’s education.
IV. Vinoba Bhave founded the Sarvodaya Samaj to work among refugees.
Which of these statements are correct?
a) I and II b) II and III
c) II and IV d) III and IV
Ans: d) III and IV
5] The word Adivasi was used for the first time to refer to the tribal people by 
a) Mahatma Gandhi
b) Thakkar Bappa
c) Jyotiba Phule
d) B.R. Ambedkar
Ans: b) Thakkar Bappa
6] Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched? 
a) Jamnalal Bajaj – Satyagraha Ashram at Wardha
b) Dadabhai Naoroji – Bombay Association
c) Lala Lajpat Rai – National School at Lahore
d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak – Satya Shodhak Sabha
Ans: d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak – Satya Shodhak Sabha
We’re in the process of posting all the questions from 1995-2023. The tentative date of completion is 16 Dec 2023. We highly recommend purchasing our UPSC Prelims PYQ Book (2024 Edition) to access all questions in a single PDF.
- Last 29 year questions (1995-2023)
- All answers according to UPSC Official Answer Key
- Subject-wise distribution of questions
- Topic-wise classification of each subject PYQs
- Graphs and tables to illustrate subject and topic-wise weightage
- More than 3200 questions across all subjects
- At a price that is affordable for all